TBT Update Regarding COVID-19

Greetings athletes, As you undoubtedly know, the Covid-19 situation has evolved and will continue to change at an incredible pace over the next few weeks. We will continue to keep you informed on our response as we navigate through these unprecedented circumstances. First, we’d like to share some information about our business that will provide some context for our handling of this challenge. We are a small business, with 10-12 full-time, permanent employees in Asheville, NC and 25-30 seasonal drivers who would normally have just started rolling to transport bikes over our season, which runs from March into early December. TBT is now faced with a challenge (as we all are) that would have been unimaginable just a few weeks ago. We are at the mercy of race directors and local governments, but we understand that their decisions are driven first and foremost with the goal of minimizing the spread of the virus, as they should be. Since our very first event in 2005, our primary guiding principles have been to do what is ‘right’ by our customers and to always communicate openly and honestly with them. That will not change now.As it stands, we are aware that most events through the end of April have been cancelled or postponed, and as guidelines and restrictions on gatherings continue to grow, more postponements are likely. Throughout the months leading up to these events, our staff work year-round to ensure a hassle-free and efficient experience for all of our athletes. There are many expenses that are necessary for transportation including permits, insurance, licensing, marketing, equipment, rentals, hiring, and staff training among others. About half the total costs of providing our service have already been incurred for your event before trucks start rolling to pick up the first bike, whether the event happens as scheduled or not. An additional complicating factor is that reservations that would normally be accelerating as the season begins, have now virtually stopped. Under our longstanding policy, your reservation can be exchanged to a deferred credit (credits do not expire and are transferable to other races and/or individuals), or if requested more than 30 days prior to the scheduled event date, it can be refunded, with a $75 cancellation fee. Given the circumstances outlined above, we would ask that if your event is cancelled or postponed, you choose to take a deferred credit as opposed to a refund (less the cancellation fee). We look forward to being there to transport your bike to your next race. Deferring your credit towards a future race rather than taking a refund will be a great help in making it possible for us to continue to serve athletes for many years to come. Should you ask for a refund, we will honor your request, but note that processing times will be longer than usual. We ask for your patience and understanding that they will be issued as soon as possible. TBT has been helping athletes achieve their goals since 2005. Once the pandemic is behind us, we will want to return to our ‘normal’ lives as quickly as possible and that will include your athletic passion. Many of you have already reached out to us with words of gratitude, encouragement and support for our staff, and we thank you immensely for your care. We are doing everything in our power to help limit the spread of this disease, and following guidelines set forth by the CDC and the NIH. At the same time, we are looking beyond the horizon of this pandemic, to a day where we can all get back to racing, riding our bikes, and supporting athletes like you. If you plan to race in the near future, we hope that you will book your transport with TBT. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our customer service at info@tribiketransport.com. We will respond to you as quickly as we can.We thank you for your continued support.Stay healthy,Marc LauzonPresident & FounderTriBike Transport