This page will keep you informed about TBT’s plans concerning COVID-19. It will be updated regularly, as warranted.
Current Event Status:
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Puerto Rico – Rescheduled to 9/6/2020
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Oceanside – Rescheduled to 10/24/2020
- USA Triathlon Collegiate Club & HS National Championships – Postponed (TBD)
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Texas – Rescheduled to 11/22/2020
- Lavaman Triathlon – Rescheduled to 3/28/2021
- ITU World Triathlon Bermuda – Postponed (TBD)
- Life Time South Beach Triathlon – Postponed (TBD)
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Florida – Rescheduled to 12/13/2020
- IRONMAN® Texas – Rescheduled to 10/17/2020 (moved to Waco, TX)
- St. Anthony’s Triathlon – Postponed (TBD)
- IRONMAN® St. George – Rescheduled to 9/19/2020
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Monterrey – Rescheduled to 9/20/2020
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Santa Rosa – Postponed (TBD)
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Gulf Coast – Rescheduled to 11/7/2020
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Chattanooga – Rescheduled to 8/23/2020
- USA Triathlon Duathlon National Championships – Postponed (TBD)
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Victoria – Rescheduled to 5/30/2021
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Hawaii – Rescheduled to 8/15/2020
- IRONMAN® Tulsa – Rescheduled to 5/23/2021
- America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride – Rescheduled to 9/13/2020
- Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon – Cancelled, race will be held in 2021
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Virginia’s Blue Ridge – Rescheduled to 6/6/2021
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Des Moines – Rescheduled to 10/4/2020
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Eagleman – Rescheduled to 9/19/2020
- IRONMAN® France – Postponed (TBD)
- IRONMAN® Hamburg – Postponed (TBD)
- IRONMAN® Ireland – Rescheduled to 8/15/2021
- IRONMAN® European Championship/Frankfurt – Postponed (TBD)
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Coeur D’Alene – Rescheduled to 9/6/2020
- IRONMAN® 70.3® Steelhead – Rescheduled to 6/27/2021
- Challenge Roth – Rescheduled to 7/4/2021
- IRONMAN® Austria – Rescheduled to 9/20/2020
- IRONMAN® Switzerland – Rescheduled to 7/11/2021
- IRONMAN® UK – Rescheduled to 7/4/2021
- IRONMAN® Vitoria-Gasteiz – Postponed (TBD)
- IRONMAN® Santa Rosa – Postponed (TBD)
- IRONMAN® Copenhagen – Rescheduled to 8/22/2021
- ITU World Triathlon Grand Final – Edmonton – Postponed (TBD)
- IRONMAN® Mont Tremblant – Postponed (TBD)
- IRONMAN® Canada – Postponed (TBD)
Update: Thursday April 23rd, 7:00 pm EDT
Dear valued TBT customer,
We hope this finds you and your family healthy and safe in these difficult times. I wanted to take this opportunity to send an update on TriBike Transport, how we are managing this situation and what we’re doing to ensure we’re ready to roll when we can all finally get back to somewhat normal activities.
To make sure we are always on top of the latest developments, we are in constant communication with our event partners and receive regular updates regarding their respective plans for postponements, rescheduling or, more rarely, cancellations of events. Having had to essentially scrap the detailed plans they had spent months painstakingly developing, our logistics team is hard at work revising and remaking the plan for an extremely busy late summer and fall schedule. We will continue to adapt to an evolving race calendar, and will be ready when the time comes to hit the road.
In the meantime, we’re enjoying more time with our families, the quiet of the streets and neighborhoods and the general slowing down of things. We’re keeping in touch with each other, friends, and family, training as best we can and doing our part to slow the spread of this devastating virus.
On behalf of the entire team at TBT, we send our thoughts and best wishes to all of you. Enjoy the down time, stay healthy and safe. We’ll see you at the next race!
President and Founder
Update: Monday March 16th, 12:15 pm EDT
As you undoubtedly know, the Covid-19 situation has evolved and will continue to change at an incredible pace over the next few weeks. We will continue to keep you informed on our response as we navigate through these unprecedented circumstances.
First, we’d like to share some information about our business that will provide some context for our handling of this challenge. We are a small business, with 10-12 full-time, permanent employees in Asheville, NC and 25-30 seasonal drivers who would normally have just started rolling to transport bikes over our season, which runs from March into early December.
TBT is now faced with a challenge (as we all are) that would have been unimaginable just a few weeks ago. We are at the mercy of race directors and local governments, but we understand that their decisions are driven first and foremost with the goal of minimizing the spread of the virus, as they should be.
Since our very first event in 2005, our primary guiding principles have been to do what is ‘right’ by our customers and to always communicate openly and honestly with them. That will not change now.
As it stands, we are aware that most events this Spring, and into the Summer have been cancelled or postponed, and as guidelines and restrictions on gatherings continue to grow, more postponements are likely. Throughout the months leading up to these events, our staff work year-round to ensure a hassle-free and efficient experience for all of our athletes. There are many expenses that are necessary for transportation including permits, insurance, licensing, marketing, equipment, rentals, hiring, and staff training among others. About half the total costs of providing our service have already been incurred for your event before trucks start rolling to pick up the first bike, whether the event happens as scheduled or not. An additional complicating factor is that reservations that would normally be accelerating as the season begins, have now virtually stopped.
Under our longstanding policy, your reservation can be exchanged to a deferred credit (credits do not expire and are transferable to other races and/or individuals), or if requested more than 30 days prior to the scheduled event date, it can be refunded, with a $75 cancellation fee. Given the circumstances outlined above, we would ask that if your event is cancelled or postponed, you choose to take a deferred credit as opposed to a refund (less the cancellation fee). We look forward to being there to transport your bike to your next race. Deferring your credit towards a future race rather than taking a refund will be a great help in making it possible for us to continue to serve athletes for many years to come. Should you ask for a refund, we will honor your request, but note that processing times will be longer than usual. We ask for your patience and understanding that they will be issued as soon as possible.
TBT has been helping athletes achieve their goals since 2005. Once the pandemic is behind us, we will want to return to our ‘normal’ lives as quickly as possible and that will include your athletic passion.
Many of you have already reached out to us with words of gratitude, encouragement, and support for our staff, and we thank you immensely for your care. We are doing everything in our power to help limit the spread of this disease, and following guidelines set forth by the CDC and the NIH. At the same time, we are looking beyond the horizon of this pandemic, to a day where we can all get back to racing, riding our bikes, and supporting athletes like you. If you plan to race in the near future, we hope that you will book your transport with TBT.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to you as quickly as we can.
We thank you for your continued support.
President & Founder
Update: Thursday March 12th, 12:14 pm EDT
As uncertainty surrounding travel restrictions and the possibility of event postponements or cancellations increases, I wanted to reach out and let our customers know that as of today, our plans for providing service to events on our schedule remain unchanged. We are in constant communication with our race director partners and we will adapt accordingly if any event is postponed or cancelled.
We understand that you may be waiting for confirmation that your event is going ahead as scheduled, prior to making a reservation to ship your bike. As a particular event date nears, our ability to accommodate last-minute reservations will be limited. For this reason, if you plan to ship your bike with TBT to any event this year, we recommend that you go ahead and make your reservation so that we can complete our logistics planning accordingly.
Should your event be rescheduled or postponed by the race director, in accordance with our longstanding policy, you will be eligible to defer your reservation to a later event. Deferrals or credits do not expire and there is no fee to reschedule your reservation.
We hope to see you at a race soon. In the meantime, each of us has a responsibility and a duty to mitigate our own risk of acquiring and/or spreading the virus. Please follow the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO) which can be found at Advice for Public.
President and Founder