Transporting a bike via most airlines can be a logistical nightmare, not to mention quite costly. Here’s a rundown of what’s involved with choosing airline transport for your bike:
$300 - $400 (purchase)
||$200 (one way)
$400 (round trip)
|Upgraded Car Rental
- Disassembly/reassembly of bike - either have the time and know-how yourself, or pay a mechanic to do it for you (approximately $35 each of four procedures, $140 total)
- Purchase ($300-400) or rental ($50) of bike case - plus the hassle of hauling it through the airport along with all your gear
- Standard airline bike fee (up to $200 each way, $400 total), plus oversize fee if bike + case exceeds 50lbs (up to $200 additional each way, $400 total) - plus the stress of wondering whether your bike will arrive on time and unbroken
- Upgrade car rental to accommodate bike (approximately additional $30/day)
- Make time for reassembly of bike
- All this stress and expense, when you’d prefer to rest and focus on being ready for your big day!
- Repeat the disassembly/reassembly process following the race
- Total Cost may be upwards of $500!
- PS: TBT offers a
loyalty program! Purchase 5 transports and receive the 6th transport free! That’s an additional 20% off each transport!
You will literally save hundreds of dollars and immeasurable peace of mind utilizing the easy & economical service of TriBike Transport!