Like you, we know there’s nothing better than a long bike ride on a clear sunny day or a late afternoon run in shorts and tank. And sure, we’ve all heard about the importance of protecting ourselves from the sun while out training, but could you pass a pop quiz on just how UV rays actually affect us?
Surprise, Pop Quiz! Get your pencils out and see if you pass!
- What time window is the sun’s UV rays strongest?
- 8am to 1pm
- 10am to 4pm
- 3pm to 6pm
- What surfaces can UV rays reflect off of?
- None of the above
- All of the above
- How much of skin aging is caused by the sun?
- How common is skin cancer? It’s ranked in the United States as the:
- #1 most common cancer
- #2 most common cancer
- #3 most common cancer
Ok, how did you do?
- B - 10am to 4pm is the time the sun’s UV rays are strongest. That’s 6 hours!
- G - Yep, just about all surfaces allow UV rays to reflect and actually increase the UV intensity and exposure! From the ski slopes to the swimming pool, if the sun’s out it’s going to affect you.
- C - An estimated 90 percent of skin aging is caused by the sun! But if your daily regimen includes wearing sunscreen SPF 15 or higher studies have shown you may have 24% less skin damage than those that don’t. #worthit
- A - Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States! In fact, more skin cancers are diagnosed in the US each year than all other cancers combined. And if that isn’t scary enough, the number of skin cancer cases has continually increased over the past few decades. Okay, numbers speak, American Cancer Society reported, 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime!
Wait, what?! 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime… but this cancer is preventable! We’re super passionate about sun safety at Zealios and we really really enjoy spending a lot of time outdoors. This passion lead to the birth of Sun Barrier SPF 45 sunscreen. We were tired of worrying about our sun protection when training and opting outside. Focusing on our performance is what we’d rather worry about!
Zealios Sun Barrier SPF 45 was designed, tested and proven to last through the hottest days, sweatiest training runs and even while lapping it up in the pool. Our sunscreen has 8% zinc oxide, which provides better protection than avobenzone, the lesser ingredient many other brands use. And our sunscreen filters 98% of the harmful UVA & UVB rays that cause skin damage.
Yeah, yeah, we’re bias, so hear from IRONMAN Champion, Sarah Paimpiano why she uses Zealios.
Sarah Piampiano, Zealios Athlete / IRONMAN Champion
“I spend so much of my day outside in the sun, so having proper sun protection is paramount for me and Zealios Sun Barrier has been AMAZING to use,” says Piampiano. “As a redhead, I have fair skin and my risk of skin cancer is higher, so I’m acutely aware of the quality of the sunscreen I am using. BUT aside from that, all of the Zealios products have wowed me”
Zealios Sun Barrier SPF 45.
- Zinc Oxide
- Dries completely clear and won’t leave you looking blue or white
- Easy on sensitive skin and ideal for athletes
- No oil in the formula so it’s not greasy…won’t clog pores or run into or sting your eyes
- Even without oil, it has the FDA’s highest water resistance rating at 80 minutes!
So, to sum up, you train too hard to get sun burnt by cheap and ineffective sunscreen. Athletes trust Zealios to protect and nourish their skin and hair while training outdoors and in the pool.
Check out teamzealios.com to learn more and pick up some Sun Barrier SPF 45 with a special 15% discount just for TBT followers! Use code: TBTMar18 at checkout through the month of March 2018.